Safety is our top Priority
Excavation is one of the most dangerous types of work in the industry. Brewer Paving & Development therefore makes its safety training and procedures a top priority.
Underground utility work, excavation, earth work and road work has its own set of disciplines and methods. Because workers are often in a trench, near or in a roadway, around loud noises and always around large heavy equipment safety is imperative.
All field supervisors have completed advanced training, often in a multitude of different categories. Brewer Paving & Development works only one way – the right way.
Highlights of our safety program include:
- Weekly safety meetings with all foreman’s and field personnel
- Quarterly companywide safety meeting
- Training classes by certified instructors
- Any and all safety equipment supplied to employees at all times
- Trench boxes supplied whenever needed
- Safety vests or fluorescent shirts be worn at all times
- Mandatory hard hat to be worn on all projects
- Mandatory full face shield with filtration system while cutting concrete
- Foreman’s check off each day if there were any incidents
- Pre-employment, post-incident and random drug and alcohol testing program